[Mailman-Users] re subscribers not getting welcome email

Mark C gen-lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 03:15:17 CET 2003

I have managed to so far sucessfully setup mailman on a private test

I subscribed a few test users and, that worked no problem, each got a
request email and a confirmation email.

I then went to the web interface and unsubscribed them, and again I got
a goodbye email.

I then tested it again, by subscribing to the same list as using one of
the previous unsubscribed email addresses, and got a request email, but
this time, when I go to confirm the request, I never get a welcome email
and looking at the mailman web User Management interface, that user has
not been added onto the list.

looking at /var/log/mailman/subscribe, each user is still pending, and
according to my /var/log/maillog, sendmail has forwarded the reqest to
the wrapper mailcmd program.

There are no errors, listed in mailmans error logs either.

Please see below (note: the domain names will not resolve externally,
but will internally, as I have internal DNS setup)

Jan 20 02:05:31 2003 (7357) angelnet-news: pending mark at angelnet.int

Subscribing from web Interface:

Jan 20 02:05:31 eir sendmail[7358]: h0K25VPU007358:
from=<angelnet-news-admin at angelnet.int>, size=1772, class=-60, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<20030120020531.7357.4697.Mailman at eir.angelnet.int>, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=eir.angelnet.int []
Jan 20 02:05:31 eir sendmail[7359]: h0K25VPU007358:
to=<mark at angelnet.int>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local,
pri=139955, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

replying via my mail client:

Jan 20 02:06:16 eir sendmail[7366]: h0K26FPU007366:
from=<mark at angelnet.int>, size=1440, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<1043028417.1585.43.camel at stimpy.angelnet.int>, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=stimpy.angelnet.int []
Jan 20 02:06:17 eir sendmail[7367]: h0K26FPU007366:
to="|/var/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd angelnet-news",
ctladdr=<angelnet-news-request at angelnet.int> (8/0), delay=00:00:01,
xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=prog, pri=31685, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

If I try to subscribe as a new user, it still works perfectly.
I am also set as the list admin as well

Any help would be greatly appresiated.

Thanks in advance

Eagles may soar..
But weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...