[Mailman-Users] Mailman feature request

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Thu Jan 23 06:52:49 CET 2003

Barry,

First, thanks for all the nice new features.

I have three minor requests for the next round.

1) When displaying the domain name in the listinfo and other web page
headers, use the value from the preferred domain setting such that it will
display in upper/lower case instead of all lower case.

2) Now that mailman keeps a name along with the email address (YEA!!!!!), It
needs to (at least optionally) display the name with the email address in the
member list.

3) Make requiring a password to unsubscribe optional. I manage a rather large
list where I have applied the work around of setting up an unsubscribe
address that runs through a script to add the master password before sending
the request on to mailman. The problem is that there are too many people out
there who forward their mail around until they have no idea what email
address they subscribed from, so I spend half of my day wading through
messages about failed unsubscribe requests. I can't have these go directly to
the user because they reveal the master password.

Annother nice, but I am sure very difficult feature, would be a way to
include the subscribed email address in the outgoin email.

Again, thanks Barry for all you work.

Regards,

Richard
Richard B. Pyne, NZ7K