[Mailman-Users] Confirmation + Moderation

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Thu Jan 23 17:03:53 CET 2003

I host several mailing lists with both mailman and sympa, and I miss a
feature in mailman that I implemented in sympa using their scenarii
model: when a mail arrives on a list from a non-subscriber or with the
list address absent (even if it comes from a subscriber), then a
confirmation request is sent to the (alleged) sender. If the sender
confirms that she wants the mail delivered, then the mail is
systematically held for moderation. If it is not confirmed, the
moderators don't see the mail at all.

With those settings, I had to discard only one spam (that the sender
confirmed) manually in months on a moderately busy mailing-list (ten
posts a day), without even using any spam filter in front of the list.

Any idea on how to do that with mailman?

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam