[Mailman-Users] New installation, sol 7: ImportError: No module named _socket

Tom Shore tshore at td.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 24 17:01:25 CET 2003

I've had this exact same problem installing mailman on solaris. The
problem is in getting python configured properly. Make sure
LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to all the right places, including wherever the SSL
libraries live, and you may have to hack the Modules/Setup file in the
python build directory so the appropriate modules are built and installed.
Also check out the README file, the section labeled "Configuring
additional built-in modules."

Good luck!

-Tom Shore