[Mailman-Users] Re: senddigests -> LookupError: unknown encoding

VLists.Net Support Support at VLists.Net
Fri Jan 24 20:59:06 CET 2003

Found it.  I'm not a Python programmer, so this had me befuddled until I
looked at ToDigest.py for a bit and reasoned it out.

Seems the first message in the digest.mbox file had the following header:

I edited it in place, replacing it with...

and the problem went away.

Now the two questions I have are....  1.) was the error due to the charset
value, or the newline/tab sequence in the header line itself, and 2.) once
I have the answer to #1, how do I fix that?

Thanks.

-> On 11:22 AM 1/24/2003 -0600, VLists.Net Support was quoted as saying...:
-> Start of Quoted Material
->A couple days ago our digests stopped going out automatically.  I forced it
->to run this morning via a special cron entry and received the following
->report.  Can anyone give me a clue as to where to go find out what's
->happening?    Thanks.
->
->Traceback (most recent call last):
->  File "/usr/home/circle/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
->    main()
->  File "/usr/home/circle/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in
main
->    mlist.send_digest_now()
->  File "/usr/home/circle/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60,
->in send_digest_now
->    ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
->  File "/usr/home/circle/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
->line 130, in send_digests
->    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
->  File "/usr/home/circle/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py",
->line 319, in send_i18n_digests
->    b += unicode(t, cset, 'replace').encode(lcset, 'replace')
->LookupError: unknown encoding

                  Paul Allen Rice, Ms.D., N5KCJ
               Mr.Fantastic at FantasticWebsites.Com