[Mailman-Users] Site-Wide list

Paul Kleeberg paul at fpen.org
Fri Jan 24 23:00:11 CET 2003

Could someone help me understand the purpose for creating the
site-wide list titled "Mailman"?  From the INSTALL instructions, end
of section 4:

>     - Create a "site-wide" mailing list.  This is the one that
>       password reminders will appear to come from.  Usually this
>       should be the "mailman" mailing list, but if you need to change
>       this, be sure to change the MAILMAN_SITE_LIST variable in
>       mm_cfg.py (see below).
>
>           % bin/newlist mailman
>
>       Follow the prompts, and see the README file for more
>       information.
>
>     - You should then subscribe yourself to the mailman list.

I could not find more info about this in the read-me file or in the
documentation.  I assume:

  * I hide the list
  * Use the umbrella list settings to have the password reminders sent
to the owner

Is there more I should know?  Do I need to use this list for
anything?  I am starting from scratch from 2.1 and have not used
another version of Mailman before.

Paul
--
Paul Kleeberg