[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Re: senddigests -> LookupError: unknown encoding

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sat Jan 25 01:47:10 CET 2003

VLists.Net Support wrote:
> After playing with this a bit, I've found that it's specificly because of
> the Windows-1252 charset not being recognized.  The linefeed/tab in the
> header didn't make any difference as it choked on another message that
> didn't have the linefeed/tab, but was also Windows-1252 charset.

What version of Python you are using. Windows-1252 is in Python 2.2.

> Now...  a new problem has cropped up.  One of my list members posts to the
> list using the TWIG webmail program and that program does not add
> actually US-ASCII plain text, is digested, it comes out with...
>
> ----non-text attachment stripped----
>
> and no message body at all. That's kinda wrong because 1) it was text, and
> 2) it wasn't an attachment.
>
> Both of these are bugs that need to be addressed pretty quickly, if possible.

I suppose your Mailman is patched with this patch
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=103&atid=300103&file_id=39760&aid=668819
Please try upgrade the patch with
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=103&atid=300103&file_id=40199&aid=668819
(You need backout the previous patch) See also
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=668819&group_id=103&atid=300103

Or upgrade to the recent CVS which is now I am reviewing and
going to upload further patch.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/