[Mailman-Users] Archiving stops

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 03:45:48 CET 2003

I've had this happen under version 2.0.8 before.  Once because the
existing archive had gotten hosed.  I simply deleted the html files and
regenerated the archives using arch.  That worked fine.

Another time, I did the same thing and arch continuously stopped at one
point.  I went into the Mbox file and looked at the next message and
sure enough it was malformed - not enough to kill delivery, but enough
to hose the Pipermail archiver.  Once I deleted the malformed email,
arch ran fine and everything worked again.

I suggest you look at your current Archives then go to your Mbox file
for that list and look at the next message.

The html archive files for lists are stored in:
  ~mailman/archives/private/<listname>/..
The mbox file for the archives are stored in:
  ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox>

Good Luck - Jon Carnes