[Mailman-Users] post_id in messages and archives

Steve Huston huston at astro.Princeton.EDU
Sat Jan 25 04:10:54 CET 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Steve Huston wrote:
> Checking the patches on Sourceforge, I found where someone sent in a patch
> that adds the mlist.post_id number to the subject if it contains '%d'.  While
> this may be the easiest way to do this, since it would also be searchable that
> way in the archives, I'd prefer to keep the information in the footer and/or
> message headers.
<snip>
> If/when I get this nicely cleaned up and presentable I'll submit the patch to
> SF.

Well, a few hours later, I did just that:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=674433&group_id=103&atid=300103

Please, if a couple people better at Python than I am could look this over,
and see if you notice any glaring mistakes, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

--
Steve Huston - Unix Systems Administrator, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
 Princeton University  |     ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285