[Mailman-Users] RE: mailman-2.1-1.i386.rpm (Group mismatch)

Parker, David K dparker at ci.bryan.tx.us
Wed Jan 29 00:16:08 CET 2003

Ok, I figured out you cannot copy the mailmanctl script to the init.d
directory. This is why mailmanctl failed to start. But, I have another
stumbling block. Messages are rejected with the following:

<test1-request at mailgate.ci.bryan.tx.us>: Command died with status 2:
    "/var/mailman/mail/mailman request test". Command output: Group mismatch
    error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group
    "mail", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group
    "nobody".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
"mail",
    or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
    `--with-mail-gid=nobody'.