[Mailman-Users] archive and .htaccess

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at unboundtech.com
Wed Jan 29 05:52:30 CET 2003

I'm pretty sure it has to be the directory indexes thing. Adding
index.html to the end of the archive URL it works. I tried adding
+Indexes in the Option line for the archive directory in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/mailman.conf, but that seems to make the whole mailman
site give me a 404.

Justin Georgeson wrote:
> I have the 2.1-7 RPM from RedHat's Rawhide installed on RedHat 7.3, with
> Postfix 1.7 (the RedHat 7.3 RPM, with some minor tweaks). It's mostly
> working. I have a test list created with members subscribed, but the
> archive doesn't seem to be working. From
> https://server/mailman/listinfo/list/, I click the archive link, which
> takes me to https://server/pipermail/list/ and I get back a 404 from the
> web server. I have the Alias defined in my Apache config.
> /var/mailman/archives/public/list[.mbox] is a symlink to the
> corresponding file in the private archive folder. I think it's a problem
> with either the Apache config (directory index diabled?) or file
> permissions.
> I want to have the mailman site 'protected' with a username/password,
> but am not sure where the .htaccess file should go to do this.

Justin Georgeson
UnBound Technologies, Inc.
Main   713.329.9330
Fax    713.460.4051
Mobile 512.789.1962

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)