[Mailman-Users] Multiple messages

Simon White simon at mtds.com
Wed Jan 29 13:35:39 CET 2003

29-Jan-03 at 12:26, Tom (mm at simpletcpip.com) wrote :
> Hi All,
>
> I've had a quick search thru the list archives and can't find any
> problems that exactly match mine.
>
> Basically, any emails from a company 'N' to one of our lists cause
> duplicate messages.  It always seems to be 11 copies for some reason.
> All the message ids are the same, only one message appears in the
> archives, and the other members at 'N' only receive one copy.
>
> I'm using sendmail 8.11.6 and Mailman 2.0.11, but this problem has been
> ocurring since 'N' was given a list they could send to, and that was
> quite a few versions ago.
>
> There isn't anything particularly odd about the messages (they are also
> CCd directly to myself so I know it isn't chopping anything off)
>
> Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this?

What happens in the sendmail logs when the mail is injected? e.g. is it
sendmail that is creating dupes or mailman?

Are you on the list, and do you receive the 11 copies? Or is it really a
screwed MTA somewhere else that is perhaps being strange?

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.