[Mailman-Users] mailman-2.1-1.i386.rpm

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at unboundtech.com
Wed Jan 29 18:50:38 CET 2003

The RPM from RawHide isn't supported on RedHat 7.3 (or technically
anywhere, since RawHide is the beta distro). RedHat 7.3 has
/usr/bin/python (a 1.x binary from the 'python') and /usr/bin/python2 (a
2.x binary from the 'python2'). I had to configure the spec file to
depend on the python2 package, instead of the python package. I also
changed a variable to point ot /usr/bin/python2 instead of
/usr/bin/python. One post install script called `python` directly, so I
changed that to use the variable.

In short, I back-ported the RPM from RawHide to 7.3.

Sorry for creating the confusion, I've been known to gloss over details
before.

--
Justin Georgeson
UnBound Technologies, Inc.

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)