[Mailman-Users] Can't admin pending messages

Simon White simon at mtds.com
Thu Jan 30 09:31:58 CET 2003

29-Jan-03 at 13:19, Marc Perkel (marc at perkel.com) wrote :
> Richard Barrett wrote:
> >At 19:44 29/01/2003, Marc Perkel wrote:
> >
> >>I think it was working and quit. I upgraded to Mailman 2.1 and I
> >>can't admin pending messages. It shows the pending messages with the
> >>choices - but if I select to approve, reject, or discard - nothing
> >>happens after I click submit. The same messages are still there and
> >>still pending.
> >>
> >>What am I doing wrong?
> >
> >Anything showing in Mailman error (or other) logs?
> >
> >Are your ermissions OK. Did you run $bin/check_perms -f after upgrading?
>
> Yep - reran check_perms and everything fine. Everything is in the right
> group - has the right permissions. Even rebooted the server. Nothing
> showing in the logs. And - I'm pretty sure it was working right after
> the upgrade and it quit for some reason. I have a second server with a
> nearly identical install and it works. I even changed the permissions on
> the hold files to 777 and no difference. If I manually delete the files
> it does make them go away.
>
> I'm stumped.

Are your qrunner processes running and all the regular things like that?
How about your locks directory?

Sometimes I do this: stop mailman... go into the locks directory, delete
all listname-* files, start mailman.

This usually helps.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.