[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1 list creation

Simon White simon at mtds.com
Thu Jan 30 10:16:41 CET 2003

29-Jan-03 at 16:51, Jon Carnes (jonc at nc.rr.com) wrote :
> If you can get shell access to the server you can use the
> ~mailman/bin/genaliases command to generate the aliases for your created
> lists.  You could simply redirect the output of that command into a
> local aliases file and then include that aliases file in your MTA's list
> of aliases that it checks.

Indeed, it can be almost automagic with Postfix, though I believe RAQ3
uses sendmail by default. You could have a little script doing something
like this:

cat $prefix/mailman/data/aliases > /etc/aliases

(where $prefix is mailman prefix, and /etc/aliases is your sendmail
alias file)

Maybe sendmail can even source several alias files.

You may need to adjust this for virtual alias compatibility, etc.

Mailman is virtual aware if I read the docs properly.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.