[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1 list creation

Simon White simon at mtds.com
Thu Jan 30 16:53:09 CET 2003

30-Jan-03 at 10:46, Jon Carnes (jonc at nc.rr.com) wrote :
> An alternative way to eliminate the handling of aliases is to move to
> Postfix and use the Mailman/Postfix integration.  Now that is a win-win
> situation.
>
> You can actually mimic this integration with Sendmail if you use a cron
> script (or modify the new-list app to include the script commands), to
> run genaliases and pump the output to a local file which you then hash
> via newaliases:
>   ~mailman/data/aliases
>   ~malman/data/aliases.db
>
> After that you simply edit /etc/sendmail.cf to look at both alias files:
>   /etc/aliases, and
>   ~mailman/data/aliases

If you've never edited /etc/sendmail.cf, and recreated your configs,
etc, then moving to Postfix and finding how much easier it is to
configure will be the best move you ever made.

(also a reformed sendmail "junkie"... but the addiction was forced by
the legacy install I inherited. Just as I got the hang of it, we needed
more functionality, and I didn't want to get buried in m4, mc, cf hell
again).

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.