[Mailman-Users] ValueError: bad marshal data

Jiri Demel demel at fsv.cvut.cz
Thu Jan 30 21:39:31 CET 2003

Hi.
After a crash of my server I am not able to start Mailman.
When I start it, it 11-times reports the following:

  File "/net/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
    main()
  File "/net/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
    qrunner.run()
  File "/net/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 59, in run
    filecnt = self._oneloop()
  File "/net/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 88, in _oneloop
    msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
  File "/net/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 144, in dequeue
    data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
  File "/net/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 245, in _ext_read
    dict = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data

I am running MM2.1.

Any suggestions how to fix it?
Delete some corrupted file?  --  But what file is corrupted?

                                Jiri Demel