[Mailman-Users] Getting mailman to use the same smtp connection for messages sent to the same domain

Gareth Hopkins gareth at za.uu.net
Fri Jan 31 17:21:34 CET 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Simon White wrote:

SW>31-Jan-03 at 14:39, Gareth Hopkins (gareth at uunet.co.za) wrote :
SW>> 	Is there a way to get mailman to deliver messages to the same
SW>> domain in one smtp connection.
SW>>
SW>> 	Example
SW>>
SW>> 	a at foo.com
SW>> 	b at foo.com
SW>> 	c at foo.com will all be delivered in the same smtp connection.
SW>>
SW>> 	At the moment it is connecting, delivering to a at foo.com, then
SW>> disconnecting. Then connects, delivers to b at foo.com and disconnects and
SW>> so on and so on.
SW>
SW>Use an MTA that supports connection pooling or whatever it is called,
SW>instead of mailman?

howdie,

	I am using postfix but it looks like when the messages are sent
mailman sends out list-bounces email to each address. This causes a
single connection to be made to the same host.

---
Gareth Hopkins
Server Operations
UUNET South Africa
(o) +27.21.658.8700
(f) +27.21.658.8552
(m) +27.82.929.6668
http://www.uunet.co.za
08600 UUNET (08600 88638)

"The contents of this e-mail and any accompanying documentation is
confidential and any use thereof, in whatever form, by anyone other
than the addressee for whom it is intended, is strictly prohibited."