[Mailman-Users] Post approval

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 23:13:13 CEST 2003

At 20:45 02/07/2003, John DeCarlo wrote:
>Phil,
>
>I had this happen to me several times in the past few months.  The list
>admin in each case always swore that he/she had not discarded the message.
>
>So, I took the original message (attached to your confirmation message)
>and saved it to disk.  Then put that file on the Mailman server and used
>~mailman/bin/inject to directly inject it into the Mailman queue and then
>quickly approve via the web.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>>I'm running Mailman-2.1.1.  I have a message to one of my closed lists
>>from a non-member that I want to approve.  It's less than an hour old,
>>and the confirmation request is sitting in my mailbox this very moment.
>>Problem is,
>>         (1) it doesn't show up on the list's admindb page,
>>         (2) if I try to approve it via email, MailMan tells me the
>>             confirmation string is invalid or has expired.
>>Any suggestions, anyone?

Depending on list configuration, the poster of the message being held for
moderation is sent an email with a URL which gives _them_ the option to
withdraw the posting. If they make that choice before you, the list
administrator respond you will find the message is no longer there to
approve. Just a thought.