[Mailman-Users] how are large distribution lists handled

Bruce Embrey embrey at hood.edu
Thu Jul 3 16:10:37 CEST 2003

Mailman-Users:

I am using Mailman 2.1.1 I have several lists and my setting for
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 500. If I have a list with 4000 addresses will this
setting segment the message into 8 messages with 500 recipients per
message? This SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 500 was the default setting when I installed
it. Is it the recommended setting or should it be changed?

Bruce Embrey

Bruce Edward Embrey : VMS Systems Manager
Campus Email Admin : UNIX / Linux Administrator
Hood College : embrey at hood.edu : Phone (301)696-3927