[Mailman-Users] Install question

Ed ed at easent.net
Mon Jul 7 07:14:37 CEST 2003

Hi List,

I have RedHat9,  Postfix 2.0.13, and Mailman 2.1.2 ...  I've installed it
per all the readme's and I can send mail to the list and receive mail from
the list.  However !

My server is listx.somedom.tld  and all of my lists [ for now ] will be
listname at listx.somedom.tld ...

There are A and MX records pointing at this server and they resolve to
listx.somedom.tld  ...

My problem is that Mailman always responds as and provides a return address
as  listname [ or command name ] @ somedom.tld ...  It totally ignores the
"listx"  part of the address ...

I configured it in the mm_cfg.py properly for both the default_url_host and
default_email host  and it generates the links properly in the emails BUT
the return address is always wrong !

Help !  It's got to be something simple I'm sure ;-)
TIA
--Ed