[Mailman-Users] membership management problems with MM 2.1.2

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 14 03:52:54 CEST 2003


I have just installed MM 2.1.2 on a new machine (OS 10.2 Server) 
after using 2.0.12 successfully for more than a year.  Everything 
seems to be working ok, except for the membership management portion 
of the web-based interface.  Specifically, if I try to modify any of 
the information in the membership list (e.g., unsubscribe a current 
member), the submission does not generate an error but when the form 
is re-rendered the change(s) has not taken effect.  In contrast, if I 
try to subscribe a new user, after clicking "Submit" I get an 
internal server error (subscribing users from the command line works 

My assumption is that this is a permissions issue wrt the cgi scripts 
and/or the /cgi-bin directory, although running check_perms finds no 
problems.  I have looked through the FAQs and the list archives, and 
although I have found some potentially relevant postings, none of 
them have led to a solution in my case.

If someone could point me in a promising direction and/or indicate 
what exactly I should be focusing on in my troubleshooting efforts, I 
would be most grateful.


-- Phil Schumm

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list