[Mailman-Users] membership management problems with MM 2.1.2

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 14 03:52:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have just installed MM 2.1.2 on a new machine (OS 10.2 Server)
after using 2.0.12 successfully for more than a year.  Everything
seems to be working ok, except for the membership management portion
of the web-based interface.  Specifically, if I try to modify any of
the information in the membership list (e.g., unsubscribe a current
member), the submission does not generate an error but when the form
is re-rendered the change(s) has not taken effect.  In contrast, if I
try to subscribe a new user, after clicking "Submit" I get an
internal server error (subscribing users from the command line works
ok).

My assumption is that this is a permissions issue wrt the cgi scripts
and/or the /cgi-bin directory, although running check_perms finds no
problems.  I have looked through the FAQs and the list archives, and
although I have found some potentially relevant postings, none of
them have led to a solution in my case.

If someone could point me in a promising direction and/or indicate
what exactly I should be focusing on in my troubleshooting efforts, I
would be most grateful.

Thanks,

-- Phil Schumm