[Mailman-Users] non existent attachments on anonymous

CodyG cody at pinkpc.net
Tue Jul 15 18:25:27 CEST 2003

More interesting changes with this surprise upgrade to 2.1.2 ... and I, the Mailman newbie.

I had a problem with the anonymous list because the from: included -admin in the string. It looked ugly and I didn't know why it was required.  This is fixed in this new version. :)  Thanks.

Finding that recipient variable was good but now I have other funky and unexpected stuff.

Almost every message has an attachment icon showing up in OE!  And I just spent an entire week dealing with user viruses and telling them how important it was to not open attachments... the thing is, there were no attachments, just the icon indication of one. And this list should not allow attachments!

How funky is that?  I figure it has something to do with MIME types, but I'm confuddled with the whole html versus text thing in Mailman.  My footers look disastrous too.

Anyways... I'm off to look at the Mailman faq cause surely this is funky for someone else.

Cody