[Mailman-Users] bug

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 18:33:54 CEST 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 06:01 PM, Morten Malde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I run a server with mailman and all my customers get the same error:

What version of MM, Python and OS are you running and which URL's (I
assume this  error message is in response to CGI requests) are
triggering it.

> Bug in Mailman version <undetermined>
>
> We're sorry, we hit a bug!
> Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
> traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited,
> but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.

The problem itself is fairly profound as Mailman's CGI driver hasn't
even been able to import $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py to determine the
version of MM being reported about.

> Can you help me with this error? Have you seen it before?
> Thanks for your time ;)

Without some further information it is difficult to help.

As advised by the error message Mailman's error log
($prefix/logs/error) should contain information related to these
incidents. Try and dig that out and ask again.