[Mailman-Users] After installing mailman under Gentoo linux, I get...

James B. Snyder jbsnyder at northwestern.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:01:42 CEST 2003

Are you using the alias files autogenerated for postfix?

I had to chown the {MAILMAN ROOT}/data/aliases and {MAILMAN
ROOT}data/aliases.db files to nobody.nobody and everything seems to work
ok.

On a side note, the /etc/mail/aliases seems to take precedence over the
mailman aliases, so if you need to temporarily divert mail you don't need
to edit the auto-generated aliases file.

--
James Snyder

Center for Connected Learning
Systems Administrator