[Mailman-Users] "Path info. No list -2-" error

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Tue Jul 22 14:12:19 CEST 2003

Richard Barrett writes:

 > These files are actually created from the template file
 > $prefix/templates/en/htdig_conf.txt
 >
 > If that file has been corrupted then all per-list htdig conf files
 > subsequently created would also be damaged.

That file is OK. I wondered what the 5 lists with good
htdig conf files might have in common and decided to compare
list creation dates with the date of mailman upgrade (Jun 1):
these 5 lists were created or recreated after the upgrade!
I wrote before that

 > I tried
 > the same procedure with 2 other lists (one old, the other created
 > recently) and again search pages started to work.

and looked more closely now at this 'created recently' list:
it was, actually, created *before* the upgrade.

I've upgraded mailman umpteen times and usually without any problems,
but it looks to me like the problem was caused by a glitch during
my installation of mailman/htdig under 2.1.2, in that older lists have
retained htdig conf files from 2.1.1 release. Does it sound right?

Thanks much for your help!

Kaja