[Mailman-Users] please help - big problems

Mandy Meinhoff mandy at thing.de
Tue Jul 22 13:50:04 CEST 2003

dear mailman-users,

i thought mailman is a real stable mailing-list software. though, i
switched all the lists of my users from majordomo to mailman caused of
security-reasons.

now, i do have 2 big problems:

1st - some mails (i do not really found out, wich ones, but i think they
are html-mails) of users with big lists seems to irritate mailman, so that
mailman don't send any mail, also the mails of the other lists are not
sent

2nd - two mailing lists crashed completely, when i try to access them via
web i get an error message. cron sends me this one:

	raceback (most recent call last):
	  File "/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 65, in ?
	    main()
	  File "/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 40, in main
	    mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
	  File "/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 79, in __init__
	    self.Load()
	  File "/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 910, in Load
	    raise Errors.MMCorruptListDatabaseError, e
	Mailman.Errors.MMCorruptListDatabaseError: bad marshal data

these lists also don't work, if i use config.db.last

3rd - sometimes just the approvement-messages aren't send.

i'm using mailman 2.0.13 on linux. DO ANYONE have any idea? could
upgrading to mailman 2.1.2 help? does anyone know another real stable,
safe and secure software?

please send your answer as cc to my email address. thanks.