[Mailman-Users] How to show name in the subscriber lis tmailman 2.1.2 ?

Nicolas C. cocomail at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 22 15:39:22 CEST 2003

sorry, subject missing. resent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,

thanks John, I have tested your code, but I face with a problem of python.
I didn't know python, I search but I didn't find, here is what happen:

at line 79  (from email.Utils import commaaddr)
this generate an error:
		# list_members.DeCarlo test
		Traceback (most recent call last):
		  File "list_members.DeCarlo", line 79, in ?
		    from email.Utils import commaaddr
		ImportError: cannot import name commaaddr

I check the documentation of python, but I connot find the function
commaaddr.
You use it 2 times:
	232:            s = commaaddr((name, addr )).encode(enc, 'replace')
	264:            s = commaaddr((name, addr )).encode(enc, 'replace')

What does this command do, and it is possible to substitute it with another
known one ? or is it possible to include it as a python module (there is no
trace of such command on the WEB)

I search in the whole distrib. of Mailman 2.0.11 (old version I used) and
Mailman 2.1.2 (the current one), I didn't find any function commaaddr, what
is your mailman version ?

Note: I use python 2.2.1 under Solaris

regards,

Nicolas C.