[Mailman-Users] Re: How to show name in the subscriber list mailman 2.1.2 ?

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Jul 22 17:57:44 CEST 2003

John DeCarlo  wrote:
>1) The instructions are wrong, as you noticed.  The only difference
>between -a/--all and nothing is the full name of the user being included
>and the email address in <>.  The regular/digest and nomail option are
>displayed either way.

      If I actually read what you wrote rather than skimming it I would
have been fine.  The list I tried it on has just been moved in a mass
transfer, and was e-mail addresses only.  On a list with full names it
works as advertised.

>2) I don't know the difference between commaaddr and formataddr, but it
>works fine for me with commaaddr.

      Just posted it in case someone else had the same issue.  I'm just
impressed that I was able to edit a python program ;-)

<>< Paul     Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark
side, and it holds the universe together.