[Mailman-Users] mass subscription

Don Levey don_UAHC at the-leveys.us
Tue Jul 22 23:31:54 CEST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: mailman-users-bounces+don_mailman=the-leveys.us at python.org
[mailto:mailman-users-bounces+don_mailman=the-leveys.us at python.org]On
Behalf Of Rob Eckerson
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 5:04 PM
To: mailman-users at python.org

> I want to mass subscribe people that I have on another list.
> I want to just send them an email with a link to subscribe
> ( cutting out the confirmation email). These people have already
> opted in to receive email from me.

Is the second list related by topic to the first?
If not, then 'already opted in' may not cover it, unless they've given
blanket
permission for all your email, not just the one list.

Not to say for a moment that what you're planning isn't appropriate.
Some more paranoid admins, however, might look a little askance at this.
 -Don