[Mailman-Users] How to show name in the subscriber list mailman 2.1.2 ?

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Wed Jul 23 16:33:14 CEST 2003

Hello,

Thanks to Richard, I came up with an extremely crude patch to do what
Rob asked for.

I modified the FormatUsers function in ~mailman/Mailman/HTMLFormatter.py

At the end of this function there is a line:
     got = Link(url, showing)

I changed it to be:
     gotname = self.getMemberName(person)
     got = Link(url, showing)
     got = Container(got, '-', gotname)

And restarted Mailman.

The bad news is that the name is rendered as

u'John DeCarlo'
u"Bill O'Grady"

I don't know where the "u" comes from, but as I have said before, my
Python skills are extremely crude.

Hope this helps.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own