[Mailman-Users] archive

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 11:42:30 CEST 2003

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 02:06 PM, kimm at xs4all.nl wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
> Maybe a stupid question but anyways. I have tried to upload modified
> archive html files to mailman to all the directories mentioned in the
> various sources of mailman. Still the old files are shown. I am kinda
> getting cray because I do not know what the .... i am doing wrong. If
> anyone can assist me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Modfying MM archives doesn't work like that. Simply putting some extra
HTML files in a directory will not work.

You will have to modify the list's .mbox archive (in file
$prefix/archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox) and run
$prefix/bin/arch to rebuild the archives from the .mbox content. This
will regenerate the HTML version of the list archives in a coherent
way. Make sure you look at the usage of bin/arch and use the options
you need.