[Mailman-Users] problems with mailman on apache2

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Wed Jul 30 00:18:44 CEST 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:09:21 +0100
Richard Barrett <r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk> wrote:

> The admin.py and listinfo.py CGI scripts use code that determines
> which lists are present on the system by listing the contents of the
> directory defined by the MM configuration variable LIST_DATA_DIR, as
> defined in $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py or possibly overridden in
> $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py.
>
> I guess the first thing you could check is that LIST_DATA_DIR has the
> you expect.

Ah ha!  That got me to the right place.  My $prefix (because of the
Gentoo ebuild) was /var/mailman.  I always thought that was odd.
Anyway, I checked in /var/mailman/lists and everything looked good.  So,
then I did a locate for other directories named lists and found
/usr/local/mailman/lists.  Apparently, someone at Gentoo thought
/var/mailman was weird also.  So, in a recent ebuild they moved the
mailman home to /usr/local/mailman.  However, it didn't copy over any
lists from old installations.  I'm goodtimes now.  Thanks Richard!

--
Shane Hickey <shane at nerddiary.org>: Nerd
http://www.nerddiary.org