[Mailman-Users] Sendmail Aliases Setup

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 30 14:21:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 21:47, Wendall Cada wrote:
> Ok, I figured out the parameters. Is there a utility that will configure my
> aliases file for my users when setting up lists? If not, I'll surely have to
> use another list manager...it pretty much makes it so i have to babysit my
> site users and i'd rather not do that. I was told that this is a very mature
> product by many others, if so, are there third party script resources
> available for this type of functionality? Should I put in an RFE for
> this?...I can't really believe that everyone is doing this manually for every
> list on their server.
>
> TIA
>
> Wendall

Well, in my Mailman 2.1 installs, the aliases are created automatically
either via the web or from my newlist command:
  newlist -o /var/mailman/data/aliases

I run Postfix as the MTA and have the integration turned on in
~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py.  The steps for integrating Mailman with
Postfix are very clearly laid out in the README.POSTFIX file that comes
with Mailman.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes