[Mailman-Users] Re: Where are the archives?

schuetzen chasm at texas.net
Mon Jun 2 22:53:18 CEST 2003

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:16:52 -0700, you wrote:

>Dan Phillips wrote:
>>  From the Mail-Archive home page:
>>
>>> June 2, 2003
>>>
>>> Mail-Archive is experiencing technical problems, all archives are
>>> temporarily offline and are being actively restored from backup.
>>> Because of the very large volume of data, this process takes a long
>>> time - multiple days so far, and possible a few more are required.
>>> Thank you for your patience.

idle curiosity, but how large is the archive holding for (I assume) this list?
iow, are you sure that the restore is still working if it takes this long and it
still is not finished?

the point is, should we as Mailman list owners not consider using an offsite
storage like eScribe to store the archives if they are going to take this long
to restore?  aamof, how long does a full backup take? or are you just doing
incrementals and have never done a full backup?

not trying to kick anyone here, just trying to understand what I can expect with
my own lists?  and so far, this software is definitely beta at best.

fwiw
chas