[Mailman-Users] Re: Where are the archives?

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 2 23:23:23 CEST 2003

schuetzen wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:16:52 -0700, Mike Noyes wrote:
>>Dan Phillips wrote:
>>> From the Mail-Archive home page:
>
> idle curiosity, but how large is the archive holding for (I assume) this list?
> iow, are you sure that the restore is still working if it takes this long and it
> still is not finished?
>
> the point is, should we as Mailman list owners not consider using an offsite
> storage like eScribe to store the archives if they are going to take this long
> to restore?  aamof, how long does a full backup take? or are you just doing
> incrementals and have never done a full backup?

Chas,
The internal Mailman archiver is Pipermail.

The Mail-Archive is not part of Mailman. It's a mailing list archival
service provided for free. It will handle archival of almost any list
management software (Mailman, Majordomo, etc.). GMANE and MARC also
provide mailing list archival services.

http://gmane.org/
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs