[Mailman-Users] Re: Where are the archives?

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 2 23:23:23 CEST 2003

schuetzen wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:16:52 -0700, Mike Noyes wrote:
>>Dan Phillips wrote:
>>> From the Mail-Archive home page:
> idle curiosity, but how large is the archive holding for (I assume) this list?
> iow, are you sure that the restore is still working if it takes this long and it
> still is not finished?
> the point is, should we as Mailman list owners not consider using an offsite
> storage like eScribe to store the archives if they are going to take this long
> to restore?  aamof, how long does a full backup take? or are you just doing
> incrementals and have never done a full backup?

The internal Mailman archiver is Pipermail.

The Mail-Archive is not part of Mailman. It's a mailing list archival
service provided for free. It will handle archival of almost any list
management software (Mailman, Majordomo, etc.). GMANE and MARC also
provide mailing list archival services.

SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs