[Mailman-Users] V2.1 breaks virtual hosting?

Dave Lane dlane at ap.stmarys.ca
Wed Jun 4 15:49:02 CEST 2003

At 08:03 PM 6/2/2003 +0100, Richard Barrett wrote:

>>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'native.stmarys.ca'
>>DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'native.stmarys.ca'
>>DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mm21/'
>>add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>>add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, 'lists.domain1.ca')
>>add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, 'lists.domain2.ca')
>
>The add_virtualhost calls insert key/values into a dictionary. The key is
>the first parameter to the add_virtualhost call and the value is the
>second parameter.
>
>You are not generating three entries in the dictionary with your
>add_virtualhost calls. The effect is as if the first two were not made and
>the only virtual host you are defining is the last one.
>
>This might be part of your problem.

Richard,

I've tried a number of things since (as gleaned from the archives) and mail
from mailman seems to go silent as soon as I either use either
"add_virtual_host" setting or change a list to a virtual domain from the
web interface. Received mail sent to the virtual address does end up in the
digest .mbox file for the list, so it *is* receiving the virtual mail.

In another example, after changing the domain to the virtual one, subscribe
notices aren't received -- change it back, that it works again.

I wish the documentation actually described in detail how this works,
especially since it worked well and was easy to use in V2.0.

... Dave