[Mailman-Users] Removal of all body attachments in immediateadmin notification emails

Steve Werby steve-lists at befriend.com
Fri Jun 6 23:05:54 CEST 2003

"John DeCarlo" <jdecarlo at mitre.org> wrote:
> In <mailmandir>/Mailman/Handlers, there is a file called Hold.py.
<snip>
> The one reading 'nmsg.attach(MIMEMessage(msg))' is the part where the
> actual message being moderated is attached.
>
> Therefore, I conclude that commenting out that line will prevent the
> notification message from having the original message as an attachment.
</snip>

John, it worked perfectly.  For the benefit of the archives, note that I had
to restart Mailman for the changes to take effect.

I think some list admins will want to keep the body attachment so I may work
on a hack when I get some time.  The listname variable is available in the
module so worst case I should be able to hard-code listnames in some control
structure, though I'll probably try to create a text file of listnames that
can be looped through.  I'm not a Python programmer, but I program in other
languages so I'm optimistic I can learn to write the necessary code quickly.
If I make any progress I'll post to the list.

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC