[Mailman-Users] New List Setup

Richard Glover richard at newmeja.com
Fri Jun 13 12:08:02 CEST 2003

I'm running Mailman 2.1.2 and Exim 3.36, I've already got mailing lists set
up but when I add a new one I just get 550 Unknown local part errors. I've
been told to put the aliases in my /etc/aliases file but there are no
aliases for any of the other lists on the machine in there and when I do put
them in, it still doesn't work.

There are 3 other lists on the machine that work fine without there being
any mailman related aliases in /etc/alises. I can see in my exim config it
looks in /var/lib/mailman/lists/<listname> for a config file, this file is
there for all my other lists, but it isnt there for the new one.

I've had a read through the archives and cant find anything that will fix my
problem, im sure its easy, but im retarded ;)

Cheers
Rich