[Mailman-Users] Re: security on an announce-only list

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Jun 17 19:00:56 CEST 2003

At 03:23 AM 6/17/2003, you wrote:
>On Monday, Jun 16, 2003, at 20:48 Canada/Mountain, Paul H Byerly wrote:
>
> >      After a lot of trial and error I find that it works for plain
> > text messages, but not for html messages.  If there is any html in the
> > message it goes through, but the password stays with it.

LuKreme answered:
>That is because in an HTML message the FIRST LINE is not "Approved:
>password" the first line is "<html>"

      Well duh, why didn't I realize that?  What had me fooled was that it
seemed to read the password.  I realize now it was reading and stripping
the text password, and ignoring the one in the html.  And I don't see any
easy way around that.
      I may have it beat.  I send the message in plain text, with the
approved header on the top, and then the html code below that.  It comes
out right when received by Eudora, and I assume would be good in others,
but anyone reading plain text only is going to get code I think.

<>< Paul
"Your version of Window can not open the file.  A 10 hour $$$ upgrade will
fix the problem."