[Mailman-Users] just won't work

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 13:42:09 CEST 2003

At 02:09 22/06/2003, Webmaster - CyberTwinks wrote:

>Hi
>
>Just installed the Mailman script on my server, I am getting a 404 when I
>go to the Mailing list page,  I don't get any email when I create a new
>list, and I add to the aliases file, but it is not recognised.  Can anyone
>help here

How did you install what version of Mailman running with what version of
Python under what operating system?

Have you followed all the instruction in the INSTALL text file in the
Mailman build directory and have you taken a look at:

Have you checked the Mailman logs (? in $prefix/logs/), your web server
logs (? in /var/httpd/) and mail server logs (? /var/log/maillog) for any
evidence of what is happening?

Give all that a whirl and then repost with a bit more detail, without which
helping you is quite difficult.