[Mailman-Users] Lists of lists question...

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 19:28:59 CEST 2003

At 18:08 25/06/2003, John Lockard wrote:
>Nope, that only tells me how to create an "umbrella list" but
>doesn't tackle the important issue of only allowing members
>of the sublists to post to the umbrella list.

The last part of the FAQ entry under the line reading "The work-around for
this is to setup a script that builds a Mega-list out of other lists on
your server" is why I pointed you at that FAQ entry. What you want to do is
going to be a problem with umbrella lists whereas he synthesised superior
list may give you the flexibility you want on the posting front. You may
have to edit the script presented source code but it is a start.It may not
be that elegant but other subscribers to mailman-users are said to swear by
it. Just a thought.