[Mailman-Users] Export Memberlist

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Jun 30 17:47:48 CEST 2003

Observation...

This (output of subscriber lists) is requested so frequently I wonder if in a future
version the Mailman interface could be set up to generate this list for list
administrators; I know the Mailman paradigm is concentrated on Web access, but most of us
working with other lists really, really miss that "review" feature. It's a) Armageddon
backup (something terrible happens to the host, but you still have your most valuable
information--the list of subscribers), and b) a fairly efficient workaround for a feature
not implemented in 2.0 (searchable member archives). The only catch is that it is
predicated on access to <mailmaninstalldir>.

(I put in a separate request to the host of our lists asking if they would create a script
we could run from our own Web interface.)

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Director,    Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw