[Mailman-Users] install problem

Kimsey Pollard kimsey.pollard at mirc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 6 21:39:30 CET 2003

System is Redhat 8
(I must be overlooking the obvious)
No errors are reported during configuration
The apache cgi portion works fine
however an email to a new group gets the
following error message. I have run configure
with the -gid option several times.  I have
an older version of mailman running on a Redhat 6.2
system with no problems.

"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
(reason: 8)
(expanded from: <mailman at dhcp5.mirc.gatech.edu>)
Failure to find group name mailman. Try adding this group
to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
existing group name with the command line option --with-mail-gid.
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 8
Reporting-MTA: dns; dhcp5.mirc.gatech.edu

Thanks,

Kimsey

kimsey.pollard at mirc.gatech.edu
Georgia Institute of Technology
791 Atlantic Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30332
(404) 894-4207