[Mailman-Users] Host URL bug or my mistake?

Bob Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Sat Mar 8 21:41:49 CET 2003

Hi,

[I posted this a couple of weeks ago, but as part of another thread which
turned out to be something else, I think.  I'm unsure if I'm doing
something wrong or there's a bug.  If someone replied and I missed it,
could someone please point me at it?]

I'm setting up 2.1.1 on a test machine with the lists in
'testlists.reading.ac.uk' and the WWW hostname as 'tl.rdg.ac.uk'.  I have
[in mm_cfg.py] - 'tl' is substituted for the real name:

  DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'testlists.reading.ac.uk'
  DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'tl.rdg.ac.uk'

  VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 0

This works fine, except that the link to 'Overview of all tl.rdg.ac.uk'
mailing lists' link links to 'testlists.reading.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo'
(i.e. uses the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST as the web host).

If I add "DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'tl.rdg.ac.uk'" then this fixes that link,
but now all lists are created as 'name at tl.rdg.ac.uk'.  I can correct that
by creating a list with a domain name (we don't normally do that because
all our lists are in one domain), however, the link to 'NewList
administrative interface' et al now points at
'http://testlists.reading.ac.uk/mailman/...' - so that's broken!

Looking through the code to HTMLFormatter.py, the GetMailmanFooter()
function retrieves the URL of the overview page with
Link(Utils.ScriptURL('listinfo'), ...).  If I change that to
Link(self.GetScriptURL('listinfo'), ...) that fixes it, but is that
breaking the multi-domain stuff (is the 'Overview' page suppposed to show
lists in all domains - if not, I guess this might be a bug?).

Thanks in advance,

  - Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>          +44 (0)118 378 6630
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK