[Mailman-Users] 14 hours and still not there

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Mar 11 03:15:34 CET 2003

Mailman 2.1.1
Redhat 7.1
Ensim (virtual domain)
Sendmail 8.11

      I get the following error:

Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "admin1", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "pbyerly".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "admin1", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=pbyerly'.

      So I re-ran configure with --with-mail-gid=pbyerly, and got this warning:

checking for mail wrapper group; i.e. --with-mail-gid... configure: error:
***** No group name "pbyerly" found for the mail wrapper program.
***** This is the group that your mail server will use to run Mailman's
***** programs.  You should specify an existing group with the
***** --with-mail-gid configure option, or use --without-permcheck to
***** skip this verification step.  See also your mail server's documentation,
***** and Mailman's INSTALL file for details

      Running with "--without-permcheck" left me an even bigger mess.  So
how do I get sendmail to run the wrapper as admin1?

TIA, Paul