[Mailman-Users] parent/umbrella lists, posting of members/non-members, ...

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Mar 11 14:32:18 CET 2003

Hi mailman masters!

We have in our domain several mailing lists already running, but need to
set up some more with special `problems':

* The mailing lists are hierachical, but not real umbrellas, because
  some members are again lists, some are real persons
* ALL members of ALL these lists should be allowed to post to their list
  AND ALL PARENT lists WITHOUT approval
* All others are allowed to post but WITH approval.

Is this possible? Is it possible with our debian/woody installation,
i.e. with mailman 2.0.11?

The last point is in fact interesting: I cannot see how to solve: list
members should be able to post without approval, all other should be
allowed to post but only WITH approval. Is this possible?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien