[personal] Re: [Mailman-Users] Authentication Failed accessing Administration webpages.

ben strawbridge ben at cenozoa.com
Thu Mar 13 21:21:44 CET 2003

I did not run the configure script, it was already installed by the
host, just not configured.

I check in my apache httpd.conf file and i see that the group and user
apache runs under is apach.

In the documentation I now see that the default for Mailman is either
www, www-data, or nobody; apache is not in that list.

I am not sure if this was installed from source or from rpm, but it
looks like this might be the root of the problem.

Any advice on how to re-configure Mailman (where would the configure
script be located).

My operating system is Red Hat Linux 7.3, if you need any of my other
configuration information I will provide it to you.

Thanks!
Ben.

--
Ben Strawbridge