[Mailman-Users] Pipermail and timezones

Pat Finnerty pat.finnerty at hp.com
Fri Mar 14 13:08:30 CET 2003

Hi,

I've noticed that mails posted to Mailman from a different timezone (I'm
in GMT) will show the local senders time in the archive but shows the
timezone as GMT. Hence you don't get messages in the archive displayed
chronlogically.

This happens with ARCHIVER_CLOBBER_DATE_POLICY set to 2.

To workaround this I've set

ARCHIVER_CLOBBER_DATE_POLICY = 1

as this will always show the time the message was received.

I would have thought that if the senders date/time was displayed it
should show their timezone also? Is this a bug or am I missing
something? I'm using Mailman v2.1.

- Pat.

--
Patrick Finnerty, System Administrator,
Mission Critical & Proactive Services, Hewlett Packard,
p: +353-91-754722 	e: pat.finnerty at hp.com