[Mailman-Users] Aliases file vs. Virtuserfile

Michael Clark mclark at cdtmail.org
Fri Mar 14 15:09:23 CET 2003

I just installed Mailman 2.1.1, python 2.2.2, Redhat 7.1, sendmail
8.11.6. Mailman works great if I do not use a catchall email address
in my /etc/mail/virtusertable . If I activate the catchall address,
the addresses in the aliases file do not work. Is there a work around
for this issue. I use the catchall feature to allow myself to create
email addresses on the fly at various web sites. I realize this is a
sendmail question, but it can't hurt to ask the gurus here as well.
Thanks, Mike

Michael Clark, Webmaster
Center for Democracy and Technology
1634 Eye Street NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20006
voice: 202-637-9800

Join our Activist Network! Your participation can make a difference!